In a Germans Eyes
German Soldier
April 6 1943,
Today went well I think, we got many Jews into the cattle cars and sent them to Triblinka, the killing center 50 miles off of where we are. The troops even sent a whole orphanage with them on the train, all those kids. I did feel a little bad about it, but I just reminded myself that it is for the good of Germany. On another note, Lyra and I are going to watch a play today and Jon told me some new moves I’m goanna try on her.
April 10 1943,
The date didn’t go so well, apparently it’s not attractive to buy a large popcorn and eat it all in front of her, I don’t trust Jon anymore. At work though I noticed there seemed to be a lot fewer people on the street and it felt colder for some reason. That’s probably why the people weren’t out, because of the cold.
April 16 1943,
There is fighting in the streets! There seems to be some kind of force attacking the guards from the ghetto! It was so quiet and empty on the streets, and then all of a sudden a hundred men jumped on the German soldiers with knives and pistols! I was on my break when I first heard the noise and then quickly ran to help. Alas though we had to fall back, because though they seemed weak, they were determined.
April 25 1943,
Now the ghetto has turned into a game of hide and seek. My fellow Germans and I go out and one by one find and kill pockets of resistance scattered about the ghetto. It has been going on for a few days nonstop, so I didn’t get a chance to write anything. I can’t wait until this is over and I can start writing books again, maybe Lyra and I could move out to the country and have a farm or something. It’s been two years for god’s sake and I have the best idea of how to propose to her when the time comes.
May 8 1943,
That’s it! Finally we killed all of em! Yanzel’s troop found the commanders bunker today and was able to find out where the rest of the rebels are hidden. I’m glad its over for now. Our general, Sir Jürgen Stroop asked that to symbolize our victory over the rebels, we should destroy The Great Synagogue on Tlomacki Street. We ordered the explosives, and I think we will blow it up on may 16th. Oh I can’t wait to see my family again!
No comments:
Post a Comment