Sunday, November 27, 2011

In the Fighters Eyes
Commander General Mordecai Anielewicz, the leader of the Jewish rebellion.

Commander Mordecai Anielewicz’s Journal,
Entry 53,
April 19, 1943,

Today we will be heading out to fight these beasts holding us caged like rats in a cellar, there is no way we will lose. Here is a copy from the speech this morning at four o’ clock, this is what started the rebellion.

 “Today they ordered for another block of our Jewish comrades to die. Another ten thousand souls murdered right in front of Hitler’s empty eyes, right in front of our eyes. Today they think that they can get away with another ten thousand souls rearing up in anger upon them. Friends, today we know what will really happen. Today we know that not another good man shall die for no reason, but that all of the men who think it is okay to kill and torture and enslave our people, our Jewish people, all those men will die. We will kill them all of them, and we won’t stop until we are coated and soaked in their blood. To the end I will go for my people, and I know you will do the same.”






Commander Mordecai Anielewicz’s Journal,
Entry 55,
April 21, 1943,

This morning they began razing the ghetto to the ground. With it they killed many of my men and many, many civilians of the ghetto. I’m sure that this will continue, so I’m moving my men and I deeper into the ghetto so that we will not perish. I remember when we started fighting the first time. We were able to hold back the German army for a day, and we were able to rescue the Jews who were getting on the train to Triblinka, now we can’t do anything. They are just so much stronger than we are. I don’t think we will make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment