Sunday, November 27, 2011

In a Citizens Eyes
Laery Forin, Jewish mother of two

April 19 1943,

 There was outbreak on the streets, my family and I ran inside to shelter ourselves from the attacks, luckily the attacks weren’t directed at us. The fight was between the German soldiers, and the Jewish rebellion. I hope the rebellion wins because my best friend Gertrude’s mother is on a train getting sent to the killing center in Treblinka, and as I am writing this, the rebels are… yes! They freed the passengers on the trains! Oh Gertrude is going to be so happy! Oh, but I better go get her mother, she looks terrified, poor thing!

April 20 1943,

             Life is better now in the hands of the rebels, no more people are being sent to the killing center, and no more mean soldiers everywhere. I hope it stays that way.




April 21 1943,

             My god! They have started burning down the houses! The Germans are burning everything down! I don’t have time to write now; my family and I must find a place to run to.

May 7 1943,

             Its over, the Germans won. They took my daughter Julia, and my husband as well. It’s just my son and I now, in a town of ashes. What a terrible idea this fight was.

No comments:

Post a Comment